I love reading and try to read as many business books as possible. If you are a voracious reader like me, then you know how quickly book costs can add up. Enter in Kindle Unlimited.
Kindle Unlimited (KU) is like the cute, quiet girl in the back of the classroom. I don’t feel like she gets the attention and praise she deserves because she is a little misunderstood. When KU first came out, it was mostly used by Indie writers, and it was unpredictable which books you would get. But now, many big names use the program.
How Does Kindle Unlimited Work?
After your 30-day free trial, Kindle Unlimited costs $9.99 a month. You can borrow up to 10 titles at a time. There are thousands of eBooks in every genre, as well as audiobooks and popular magazines.
The only way KU is a good deal for you is if you read more than two books a month or if you want access to a $9.99 ebook already. For example, Ruth Soukup’s blogging book is $9.99 on Kindle or free with a KU membership, so you might as well get a month’s membership to read Soukup’s book and other popular titles. Plus, you can just get the free trial, enjoy free books for a month, and then cancel quickly.
Best Books for Solopreneurs on Kindle Unlimited
- Will It Fly?: How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don’t Waste Your Time and Money by Pat Flynn – Flynn is an expert in passive income and has a fantastic blog, SmartPassiveIncome.com.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – Don’t even think about skipping this classic.
- The 6-Figure Speaker: The Ultimate Blueprint to Build a Business as a Highly-Paid Professional Speaker by Brian Tracy – Brian Tracy is one of my favorite authors and speakers.
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley – This was an inspiring book and reminder that the world’s wealthiest individuals do not look like we expect them to look.
- The Millionaire Mind by Thomas J. Stanley – This book is the follow-up best-seller to The Millionaire Next Door. It is still on my to-read list.
- How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup – I read this book several years ago, and it is easy to grasp. I plan on rereading it now that I have launched a blog.
- 31 Days to Radically Reduce Your Expenses: Less Stress. More Savings by Kalyn Brooke – I think it is just as important to save money as it is to make money.
- Lifelong Writing Habit: The Secret to Writing Every Day: Write Faster, Write Smarter by Chris Fox – Fox has a neat story and several helpful books on KU.
- You Are a Writer by Jeff Goins – Goins gets to the heart of self-doubt, and I resonated with his story and loved his voice.
- The Art of War for Writers by James Scott Bell – James Scott Bell is a seasoned expert writer and even was a fiction columnist for Writer’s Digest. This guy knows his stuff.
- The Writing Productivity Bundle: Write Better, Faster, The 8-Minute Writing Habit, and Dictate Your Book by Monica Leonelle – I have enjoyed all of Leonelle’s books through KU. She has other books on content development in KU too.
- Make Money Blogging: How to Find Ideas That Are Right For You by Sarah Titus – Titus is a successful blogger and has created several short books on KU. Take them as they are. They are short with a few golden nuggets of info in them.
- From Welfare to Bestseller by Rebecca Patrick-Howard – I have had the pleasure to be in the same writing Facebook group as Rebecca, and her story is an amazing one. She now makes as much as $10,000 a month from her fiction books.
- The Entrepreneur Mind: 100 Essential Beliefs, Characteristics, and Habits of Elite Entrepreneurs by Kevin D. Johnson
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand Out From The Crowd by Allan Dib
- Buy Buttons: The Fast-Track Strategy to Make Extra Money and Start a Business in Your Spare Time by Nick Loper
- Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take Five Minutes or Less by S.J. Scott – This is a fun, motivating book to help you take charge of better habits.
- Rock Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing Rock Star by Sarah Robbins
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Erod
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Steven R. Convey
- Lifestyle Blogging Basics: A How-To for Investing in Yourself, Working With Brands, and Cultivating a Community Around Your Blog by Laura Lynn
- Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind by Jodelyn K. Glei
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
And if you hate all of those books, the complete Harry Potter series and the Hobbit is on KU too.
Do you have Kindle Unlimited? What’s your favorite book on KU?